About

A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Major milestone; Hull epoxied!

Today, Quincy and I painted the entire hull in a nice protective coat of graphite epoxy.

She looks great!
shiny black!

Looks great!

bow

This is a major milestone. Now, the only things I have to do are:

  • install the slot strip (on it's way from the UK)
  • finish sanding the fillets under the cabin top
  • prime & paint under the cabin top.
  • decide if I want to install Andersen bailers (I don't want to cut holes in that pristine hull!)
Then I can flip the boat back over and proceed with finishing the rest of the boat.

I have decided on paint colors, I just have to re-scribe the DWL with a laser because the black epoxy covered the line we penciled at scamp camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment