About

A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Centerboard pin needs replacing

At the end of last season, I noticed that my centerboard pin needed repair.
I had just smeared some epoxy around the bolt head. I thought it would hold. However, the epoxy broke and the pin started to pull out of the plate.

original centerboard pin head

here you can see it broke

I had added some caulk. You can see a bit here
I decided to glue it better, so I cut a plate that fit the bolt head and glued it on there.
kinda messy but not going to move

I scraped away the caulk and put in a new red rubber seal.
I re-installed the pin but I'd like to test it by spraying some water up there with the hose before I call this one finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment