|Paint, not primer|
I also touched up the underside of the sole with epoxy. It's now had 2 very thick coats and 3 around the edges of the doubler. Tomorrow sometime, I'll make sure the paint is dry in the well, then I'll glue it down. I'll use 5 gallon buckets filled with water for weights.
|Underside of aft sole. The doubler plate will have a hatch|
I had made up my mind last night about the electrical components and where to mount them, but I needed a doubler plate to make sure that the screws don't go all the way through. Tonight, I found a piece of scrap from a hatch that was just about perfect. I had to figure out how to glue that in; I just abused a couple clamps.
I used a whole tube of 610 epoxy for the floor plates in the foot well, I've used about a 1/2 tube for the sole doubler above and the plate below. I'm going to need some to glue down the sole doubler. I better buy some more.
|The plate is pushed in with spreaders|
|Further away shot. You can see it will be a mounting plate|