About

A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Bronze ring for centerboard cover removal

While in Port Townsend I stopped by the Chandlery and picked up a pull ring and a closed anchor chock.
The anchor chock will go on the bow.

The pull ring was an easy install, so I did that today.

Measured and knifed out before applying a chisel
The removal of material wasn't too bad. Forstner bits are great for hogging out material. I had to go deeper than I thought to get the entire pull ring in there.

Dry fit



Ugly shot of the removed material
I didn't get any pictures, but I coated that liberally with epoxy and filled the screw holes.
After it set up a bit, I installed the pull ring and the screws. It'll cure right in there.
Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment