About

A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekend after camp

So camp was over, but we still had our house rented until Monday and dad didn't fly home until Tuesday AM.
Nancy and Lindsey were headed up to see us, but wouldn't show up until after a church event, like 3 or 4 in the PM.

So dad and I went for another paddle. This time near Port Hadlock and the Wooden Boat School. The water was just beautiful and calm. Luckily I was able to catch a few pictures with my water proof case around my camera.

The only problem was that we were near a channel and the current was flowing pretty heavy. At one point I yelled at dad and told him to paddle. I swear he was within 6 inches of hitting a post and he probably would have dunked the boat. And that water is cold. It could have been a bad situation, but it all worked out. And the water really was beautiful.

Dad with the boats.
Beautiful water

Lovely
In the afternoon, we got Quincy to go out and paddle with us in Mystery Bay. You can see my Oru there. There is just no way that little 12' boat can keep up with my other 17' boats. But it fits in my trunk and that's great. At some point in the last few weeks, I realized I own 4 boats. 2 of them are homemade and one of them was funded on Kickstarter. I'm not sure what that says, but it's interesting.

Later that afternoon, Nancy and Lindsey showed up and we had a nice evening in our little house.
Happy on the beach
That seems like a great picture to end this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment