About

A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Friday, January 2, 2015

Fore deck laid out

This morning I spent some more time sanding the fillets.

I also put on the fore deck lid and drilled guide holes to hold it.
the deck in place, but not screwed down.
I plan to glue the deck pieces while they are on the boat. I would like to have them screwed down while the glue sets.
I'll draw pencil lines underneath. Then flip the deck over and mount the doublers for the cleats and other hardware. Then I can coat the bottom of the deck and flip it over to glue it down.

I do have an idea for LED strip nav lights that I'd like to explore. That will need to be wired before i glue the deck lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment