About

A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Centerboard overdrill and fill

I wasn't happy with the small hole that would hold the knot in the centerboard.

Filled a 3/4" hole with epoxy.
And drilled it back out to 11/16".

Then I put the rope through.

Figure 8 stopper knot


I did a similar thing for the rudder downhaul, but the hole was very small. I whipped the rope and inserted it into the hole. It won't come loose.
Folded and whipped end
The holes on the kit pieces are too small. I'd definitely use 5/16" holes for the lines and at least 3/4" holes for the stopper knots (after over drilling and filling).

I have to put in a plug for AnimatedKnots, if you need to tie a knot, he gives great instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment