Simeon commented that I really should cut drain holes in the cabin sides, so I did that.
I made a cardboard cut out of the shape that i wanted and marked the holes I wanted.
I drilled a hole and used a coping saw and a file to cut the drain hole.
|cardboard template, pencil line and 3/8" pilot hole|
|view from the inside.|
|put in the coping saw|
|the inside after filing.|
Once that was done, the deck and cabin sides were ready to coat with epoxy.
Quincy did that today.
He did a good job and it looks good. The first coat was epoxy, the second had some white pigment in it, like I've been doing recently.
|View from the rear.|
When I got home tonight, Quincy showed me what he had done and he and I did some rasping of the mast hole and were able to dry fit the cabin top.
I need to pick up some lumber for the cabin side external cleats. I plan to use 3/4" pine rather than anything special. I used to have to some nice 5/4 VG fir that would have worked well, but I don't have enough linear.
I also would like to prime & paint inside the cabin before I glue on the top.