A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Back at the build

Today I got to spend some time in the garage working. I hadn't worked since Monday night and it was good to get back at it.

I wasn't very productive today, but I did get some sanding done. After I got that done, I primed the rudder.
Rudder primed
Since I had the primer opened, I primed the wells behind B3.
Wells primed
I also mixed up some epoxy and glued on some cleats in the very rear well between B7 & B8. I had to plane them down a bit to get them to fit, but they will be very nice to hold up the sole when it goes on.
I also used that epoxy to glue on some doublers on the battery well hatch. I didn't get a picture of that.
shiny wet epoxy

I also picked up a couple of electrical items today. I needed a bit of extra red #6 wire. Be sure to use marine wire if you do electrical. It is copper wire, but it has been tinned for extra corrosion resistance.

I started to crimp up my wiring today.

Tomorrow, I should be able to paint in the wells and the front enclosed cabin. I think I should be able to do a 3rd coat on the foot well and the rear wells also. Then next week I might find the time to prime those wells.
I think I'll have to mix up some fairing putty also to smooth out the ovals and a few areas in the veranda.

No comments:

Post a Comment