About

A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sailboat electrics

A quick plug for Sailboat Electrics Simplified by Don Casey. I got the book yesterday and I've already learned a lot about what I need to do. I think my circuit diagram still stands (with the addition of a fuse on the charger lead). I'm glad I picked up the book though because it has good advice on wiring and crimp connectors. It's a good idea to buy marine wire that is tinned. I was balking at the expense and was about to run to Home Depot to pick up a spool of 18-2 for my LED strip cabin lights, but I think I'll spend the money on some ancor marine wire.

And the computer vulnerabilities are continuing, so the day job has completely eclipsed the boat building. I may not get to build anything this week and I've got a busy Saturday between neighborhood work and a concert. With luck, Sunday will be quiet and I can get the battery box mounted. I have a plan for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment