About

A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

More rudder and fairing

After microballons went on one side of the rudder, I still had to microballoon the other side. You can see it's a bit rough here.
Microballoons on the other side
As long as I had some micro balloons mixed up, I wanted to fill some of the rough areas that would be visible aft of bulkhead 3. I painted those on with an acid brush. It was sloppy but I knew I needed to sand it later. The shots below show before and after.
I learned that it is best to use a squeegee with the microballons mixed to a thick state rather than a brush. The brush leaves lots of nasty ridges that are sometimes worse to sand.

Before sanding

After sanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment