About

A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Centerboard uphaul pipe and filling 2 oval holes

The same day as the the centerboard re-drilling, I had some leftover epoxy, so I did 2 other tasks.

Firstly, I installed the copper tube for the up haul line.
I drilled a hole and put in the copper that I had picked up.
Copper tube with 1/4" dowels wrapped in tape.

I used dowels covered in packing tape to hold the tube where I wanted it. Then I used a plumb bob and a peen hammer to round over the copper pipe.

Second, I cut oval filler boards and glued them into bulkhead 6.
Ovals dry fit

Ovals in place
You'll notice that I haven't filleted the area afore of bulkhead 6. That's because that area is going to be dropped. When I cut the sole plate, I'm going to cut that part and glue it against the hull bottom. This will give me a deeper foot well. However, one of the requirements is that the still be an 8 foot sleeping surface. So I will build a removable floor plate. Right now the plan to put in a pair of elvstrom auto bailers in the fore part of the floor, but I'll deal with that later.

I also ordered all the hatches that I will need. Watch the next few posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment