About

A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Anchor box?

I think I had a brilliant plan to build an anchor box into the port seat behind B4. I'd build a deep box that went all the way down to the hull bottom and would be wide enough for a flat fluke anchor and the  rode. I'd cut the seat top just like over the centerboard.
When I was in West Marine, I forgot to measure the fluke anchor they have. According to this page, I think the 19" shaft will be too long. I'll need to find something smaller. Maybe I can put in a small hatch on seat and then use a mushroom anchor.

I'll keep watching other builds to see what they do.

Other builds that are well journaled:



No comments:

Post a Comment