About

A blog about SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project) boats. Covering the build, sailing the boat and the scamp community that has formed around this little portly boat.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Transom doublers

Since I bought the trolling motor, I would need to double up the transom under the seats for sure. I cut some rough approximations of the are under the cleats and shaped them with the shinto rasp.
I did this for port and starboard.
I decided to go with 2x 9mm doublers on each side.

The doublers cut from scrap

doublers
I glued the first one on and used a spreader clamp to push it.

spreader on port side

spreader on starboard side.
After that was cured, I mixed up some wood flour filleting mix and filled in the sides that were rough. Then I glued in the second set of plates. While that was curing, I filleted that.
I may get some pictures and add a new post.
This should be plenty beefy for the motor mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment